Research interests: Korean morphology and syntax, Korean pragmatics, translatology
- 2010 Master of Arts in Korean Philology: Seoul National University
- 2015 Doctor of Philosophy: Seoul National University
Language teacher at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies: Seoul
Research Associate, Department of Korean Language and Literature: Seoul National University
Translator for the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Seoul
Assistant Professor, Department of Korean Philology: AMU since 2016
Proctor – TOPIK, Jagiellonian University since 2016
Head of Korean Philology – evening studies at AMU since 2017
Head of Postgraduate Studies of Translation/Interpreting at AMU since 2017
- Paweł Kida, Grażyna Strnad., Meandry koreanistyki: praca zbiorowa, Uniwersytet im. Adama Mickiewicza, Poznań 2018.
- Pawel Kida. 2013. Język koreański i Koreańczycy, [w:] Korea w oczach Polaków, pod red. Józefa Włodarskiego, Kamila Zeildlera oraz Marcelego Burdelskiego, wyd. Uniwersytet Gdański: Gdańsk, 515-524.
- Pawel Kida. 2014. Wind of Change: Poland is One Step Away from the Korean Wave, [w:] The Global Impact of South Korean Popular Culture: Hallyu Unbound, edited by Valentina Marinescu, Lexington Books, 65-74.
- Pawel Kida, Tomasz Wierzbowski 2015. How European Bison met Asian Tiger – the History and Current Status of Polish – Korean Relations, [w:] Korea in Eastern Europe – Perceptions and Cultural Connections edited by Kim Ji Sun, Praesens Verlag, 68-84.
- Pawel Kida. 2017. E-learning: A case study of Moodle-Teaching Korean Vocabulary, [in:] Exploring Political and Gender Relations – New Digital and Cultural Environments, edited by Valentina Marinescu and Silvia Branea, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 233-239.
- Pawel Kida. 2012. A Special Usage of Some Adverbs in Korean, Viennese Contribution to Korean Studies 4: 44-68.
- Pawel Kida. 2012. 폴란드의 가족문화와 효사상 고찰. 대한민국 효문화진흥원 대전유치기념. 제3회 국제 (효) 학술세미나: 59-64.
- Pawel Kida. 2014. Backchannels in Korean. Their structure and functions. Korean Studies in Russia 6: 161-174.
- Pawel kida. 2014. Korean Language Textbooks for Polish Learners: Introduction and Analysis. St. Petersburg’s Proceedings of the Center for Korean Language and Culture 16: 120-131.
- Pawel Kida. 2014. 역대한국문법대계 문법서에 나타난 한국어 품사 통용/전성 현상에 대하(Word-Class Conversion Phenomena in Past Korean Grammar Texts) Proceedings of 7th World Congress of Korean Studies: 181-182.
- Pawel Kida. 2015. The Effect of Korean Wave in Medical Tourism – Japan, China, Russia, and Poland. Far East Vol.5-1: 107-115.
Participation in conferences and congresses:
- Viennese Korean Studies Days 2012, (December 13-15), Presentation paper: “Wind of Change – one step to Korean Wave in Poland”. Vienna, Austria.
- Taras Shevchenko University, China, Korea, Japan: Methodology and Practice of Culture Interpretation, 2013(October 2-4), Presentation paper: “Backchannels in Korean. Their structure and function”. Kiev, Ukraine.
- Warsaw University, Korean civilization: sources & prospects, 2013(November 22-23), Presentation paper: “한국어 맞장구 표현. 한국어 회화 교재를 중심으로”. Warsaw, Poland.
- 한국학진흥사업단, 2013(December 13), Presentation paper: “폴란드 한국학 현황 및 한국학 교재 활용성 제고”. Seoul, South Korea.
- The National Research University- Higher School of Economics- The School of Asian studies, II International Conference on Methods of Teaching Oriental Languages: Actual Problems and Trends, 2014(May 14-15), Presentation paper: “Korean Language Textbooks for Polish Learners: Introduction and Analysis”. Moscow, Russia.
- Lomonosov Moscow State University- Institute of Asian and African Studies, III International Conference of Young Scholars on Korean Studies, 2014(May 15-16), Presentation paper: “한국어 품사 통용/전성 현상에 대하여, 역대한국문법대계의 문법서 분석을 중심으로”. Moscow, Russia.
- The University of Hawaii at Manoa, 7th World Congress of Korean Studies, 2014(November 5-7), Presentation Paper: “역대한국문법대계 문법서에 나타난 품사 통용/전성”. Honolulu, United States of America.
- Charles University in Prague, Prague Hallyu Conference, 2014(November 28-29), Presentation Paper: “The Effect of Korean Wave in Medical Tourism – Japan, China, Russia, and Poland”. Prague, Czech Republic.
- Saint Petersburg State University, The XXVII International Conference on Historiography and Source Studies of Asia and Africa, 2015(April 22-24), Presentation Paper: “Korean Parts of Speech viewed by Western Scholars from 1832 till 1890”. Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- The University of Bucharest, Korea’s challenges ahead: The Korean Peninsula issues in the world, 2015 (September 2-4), Presentation Paper: “E-learning: A case study of Moodle-Teaching Korean Vocabulary”. Bucharest, Russia.
- The National Research University- Higher School of Economics- The School of Asian studies, III International Conference on Methods of Teaching Oriental Languages: Actual Problems of Teaching Translation, 2015(October 27-28), Presentation Paper: “Translation of passive constructions from Korean into Polish”. Moscow, Russia.
- Moscow State Linguistic University, The 14th International Conference CEESOK-2015, 2015(October 29-30), Presentation Paper: “Determiners in the Korean Language?”. Moscow, Russia
- Lomonosov Moscow State University- Institute of Asian and African Studies, IV International Conference of Young Scholars on Korean Studies, 2016(April 28-29), Presentation Paper: Polish Students’ Errors in Korean Language. Moscow, Russia.
Participation in international programs:
Coordinator of the CEEPUS Program, i.e. the Central European Exchange Program for University Studies in the Institute of Linguistics, Department of Korean Philology, promoting collaboration between universities, 2016-present. The aim of the program is to facilitate academic exchange in the areas of education and professional training in Korean studies of students as well as university lecturers between countries such as Poland, Austria, Bulgaria, Chech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia.
“Oral Translation-Theory and Practice” at The National Research University – Higher School of Economics- The School of Asian Studies, Moscow, Russia. (28th April 2016)
“Korean Grammar viewed by Western Scholars” at Vienna University – Faculty of Oriental Studies, Vienna, Austria. (9th-13th January 2017)
„First Westerners’ contacts with the Korean Peninsula and the Korean Language” at Stockholm University – Institute of Asian, Middle East and Turkish Studies. Stockholm, Sweden. (2nd May 2017)
“The Korean Language from the very beginning till now” at Palacky University – Faculty of Arts, Olomouc, Czech Republic. (9th – 11th May 2017).
“First Missionaries in the Korean Peninsula and Their Approach to the Korean Language” at Eotvos Lorand University – Institute of Oriental Studies, Budapest, Hungary. (21st-22nd March 2018).
“Korean linguistics in the late 19th century and the beginning of 20th century – form a foreign perspective -” at Comenius University in Bratislava – Institute of Asian Studies, Bratislava, Slovakia. (14th-18th May 2018).
‘Korean linguistics in the late 19th century and the beginning of 20th century’.
-from a foreign perspective-
Korean Government Master’s Scholarship 2006-2010.
Korean Government Ph.D. Scholarship 2011-2015.
Academy of Korean Studies – fellowship 15.07-15.09.2018.
- Organizing the visit of His Excellency Mr. Hong Jin, Ambassador of the Republic of Korea in the Institute of Linguistics.
- Developing and winning the conference project of the CEESOK 2016 (Central and East European Society of Koreanology) conference at the Academy of Korean Studies. No.: AKS-2016_C25.
- Developing the website to promote Korean philology in the Institute of Linguistics.
- Organizing 15th Anniversary of Korean Philology Department – 21.06.2018.
- Polish Association of Korean Studies establishment.