Research interests: Korean linguistics, teaching Korean as a second language.
Master of Arts in Ethnolinguistics, AMU in Poznań (language: Korean). Participated in language courses at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies in Seoul and The Academy of Korean Studies in Seongnam. Multiple year Korean Government Scholarship Program scholar. Graduate of the Department of Korean Language and Literature, Kyung Hee University. PhD in Korean linguistics from Kyung Hee University – 2012. The first AMU graduate to earn a PhD from a Korean university.
Mar. 2012-present: Senior lecturer, Department of Korean Philology, Faculty of Modern Languages and Literatures, AMU
(has taught the following courses for full-time students of all years: Korean as a foreign language (bachelor level: years I, II, II; master level: years I, II), Descriptive grammar of Korean (years II and III), Theory and practice of translation (year III), BA seminar, monograph lectures for MA students of years I and II,
Oct. 2013-present: Korean language teacher, King Sejong Institute in Poznań.
- Anna Borowiak (2009) ‘폴란드어의 차용 어휘 연구 – 형용사를 중심으로 -’, 동유럽발칸학, 제 11권 1호, pp. 3-36.
- Anna Borowiak (2010) ‘비분류사 언어로서의 폴란드어 분류사의 특성’, 슬라브학보 제 25권 3호, pp. 45-74.
- Anna Borowiak (2010) ‘폴란드어와 한국어 분류사의 대조 연구’, 이중언어학 제 43호, pp. 163-216.
- Anna Borowiak (2015) ‘On Some Selected Problems of Korean Abbreviology’, International Journal of Korean Humanities and Social Sciences, Institute of Linguistics, Faculty of Modern Languages, Adam Mickiewicz University, Vol. I, pp. 137-164.
- Anna Borowiak (2016) ‘On Some Properties Of Acronyms Used in Korean’, International Journal of Korean Humanities and Social Sciences, Institute of Linguistics, Faculty of Modern Languages, Adam Mickiewicz University, Vol. II, pp. 123-155.
Participation in conferences:
- Anna Borowiak (2006) ‘폴란드인 학습자를 위한 한국어 조사의 교육’, International Conference on Korean Studies, Poznań, Poland.
- Anna Borowiak (2006) ‘Teaching some of the polysemantic particles in Korean to Polish students’, 3rd Korean Studies Graduate Students Convention (KSGSC), Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Anna Borowiak (2013) ‘A Contrastive Study on Word Formation in Korean and Polish Language with the Focus on Adjective Derivation’. The Conference on Korean Language and Culture, Poznań, Poland.
- Anna Borowiak (2015) ‘On Some Properties of Acronyms Used in Korean’. The 3rdInternational Conference on Korean Humanities and Social Sciences –Language, Literature, Culture and Translation, Poznań, Poland.
- Anna Borowiak (2016) ‘Korean And Polish Attributes In Contrastive Perspective’, The 4thInternational Conference on Korean Humanities and Social Sciences – Language, Literature, Culture and Translation, Inha University, Incheon, South Korea.
- Anna Borowiak and Lim Choonsil (2016) ‘Korean Language Education in the Era of Globalization – with the focus on books and teaching materials’, The 15th International Conference CEESOK – “New Trends In Korean Studies”, Adam Mickiewicz University, Institute of Linguistics, Poznań-Gniezno.
- Anna Borowiak (2017) ‘Korean and Polish Word Order in Contrastive Perspective – with the focus on attributes’, The 5th International Conference on Korean Humanities and Social Sciences, Adam Mickiewicz University, Kołobrzeg.